One of the most dangerous types of EMF pollution is so-called “Dirty Electricity”. This is when the electrical power lines and wiring within your home contain frequencies other than the normal 60 Hz electrical current (50 Hz in Europe). These additional frequencies piggyback on the electrical wiring and radiate into your living environment.These frequencies then interact with your body, causing the following health effects:
- Sleep Disturbances
- Cognitive Impairment
- Heart Arrhythmia
- Mood Swings
- Weakening of the nervous, endocrine and immune systems
- Increased risk of serious chronic illnesses such as cancer
- Solar System Inverters (converting DC power to AC power)
- PLC Smart Meters (sending data over the powerlines by adding additional frequencies)
- Wireless Smart Meters that add pulsed frequencies to the powerlines
- CFL and LED Lightbulbs
- Light Dimmer Switches
- Electrical devices in your home and on the grid that have a switch-mode power supply (SMPS)
- Wireless technology (all wireless frequencies conduct along copper wiring to some extent)
There are several methods available to reduce dirty electricity, such as filters from Stetzer or Greenwave. However, these are often not adequate to properly filter the dirty electricity coming into a home and many EMF consultants advise against using them (read this article for a technical description of why). Special whole-house filters can do a better job, but even they will not completely reduce these frequencies.
The best method is to find the sources (either in your home or from the grid) and try to eliminate them. Installing solar power on your home is definitely not a good idea if you are concerned about dirty electricity (unless you only use DC and forgo the DC to AC inverter).